*In my defense, this post was written on December 1st, I just haven't got around to click the publish button until now. Life will slow down one day.
I thought I would be posting and explaining my lack of blogging was do to packing and moving and getting situated in our new home. Ummm…Not so much. Things were moving along so well with my home across town. We made an offer, listed our house with a realtor and the realtor was doing a showing the next day. Then my husband
got cold feet, decided it wasn't the best decision for
him our family at the time. He said, "Jennifer, if this were 5 years down the road, it would be perfect. Life is just too busy right now for us to try and move along with everything else." There was more too. Pretty much, my husband runs most of the show around these parts :) Anyways, staying put. We'll be fine. Might have to change my address when I register Elle for school :). Might live in my yellow house forever! That's ok too. We are just 4minutes from Target.
Update on the wild ones…..
Charlie still refuses to nap and go to bed like a normal human being for me. We follow a very strict routine at nap/bedtime. I have tried positive reinforcement, getting sad/upset with him, rubbing his back, setting a calming atmosphere, letting him pick out a special night light, letting him choose his special blanket, snugly, pillow pet-you name it. I have googled, yahooed, pinterest-ed and wedmd-ed what to do. I went yesterday to Bath and Body Works and bought every flipping aromatherapy/lavender/chamomile junk they had. Literally, bath soap, bath wash, lotion, oil, bed spray, and a smelly plug in. Tonight he went to bed like an angel! I am going to say it was because of all the money I spent at Bath and Body Works, but in reality it's probably because he's so tired from not napping the last 3 days. GO.TO.SLEEP.Charlie!!!! ALso, he wakes at night to use the potty. I know I should be all, "Yeah, go little man!" In my head I'm like, "For Pete's Sake just pee in your pull-up. It's a nighttime one. It will hold A LOT!" He also wakes because he's really really hungry, mama. He needs pringles. But, just a couple mama and I no choke on them mama. Words from a wise friend of mine, "This too shall pass!" Other than the not sleeping thing, Charlie Man is doing great. He is still attached to his mama--I totally eat this up! He and Elle are the best frien-emies ever. He tells her daily, "I so frustrated wit you Ewwe!" I have no idea where he picks up this vocabulary. :)
 |
| The Wild Man! Out sledding on a cold November morning! |
 |
| She loves dressing up! |
Elle Belly still doesn't quit talking unless she's in front of a tv---(by the way we are going on like 3 months of no tv---woo hoo) so when she's in front of a tv it's really my computer hooked up to the tv. She loves preschool and all of her new friends there. She goes 3 full days a week! On those days bedtime is a breeze with her. Her little head barely hits the pillow. She loves to argue with her brother, play dress up, put on make-up, and color and write letters to people. She still questions everything. Which In the long run I am hoping will turn out to be a good thing. :) She's not a no and go kind of kid. She would like an explanation for everything. Which I usually give her. My fault. :)
 |
| They sometimes get along and play nice together :) |
 |
| Story time is one of my favorite times with the wild ones because they actually sit down and snuggle together. There are lots of laughs over certain silly stories. They like to take turns reading to each other too. |
Other than that, the kids are super excited for Christmas! George the Elf is out and about in our house watching all their nice and naughty behavior. Santa even sent them each a video telling them what list they were on. I did it to scare Charlie a bit, but I put him on the naughty list :) Tony thought it was so mean. I'm not sure if Charlie really got it, but a few minutes later he was chasing after Elle with a hockey stick. I'm guessing he didn't get it :) The terrible 2's are in full swing around these parts! The tree is up, the presents are wrapped and some rewrapped due to a 2 1/2 year old who decided he wasn't waiting til Dec. 25th to open them. If you are out and about now through Christmas, please send a fountain pop diet coke my way. Again, it is the only thing that is keeping me going right now. Life is full of excitement, and I wouldn't change it for anything. Well, I'd maybe change the number of hours of sleep I get each night, but other than that life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment